Lung Cancer or Mesothelioma Lawsuit Claim
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with Lung Cancer or Mesothelioma within the last 3 years due to Asbestos exposure?
THOSE EXPOSED MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A SETTLEMENT, EVEN IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE HAD SMOKED TOBACCO
Medical researchers first made a probable causal relationship between exposure to Asbestos and Lung Cancer/Mesothelioma in 1935. Asbestos Lung Cancer is a rare type of Lung Cancer, which is the most common cause of cancer death in the United States. An estimated 4,800 deaths a year are linked to this illness, a number that represents about 4 percent of all U.S. fatalities connected to cancer of the lungs.
Asbestos fibers are microscopic in nature, they are extremely durable and resistant to fire and most chemical reactions and breakdowns. These properties of Asbestos were the reasons that supported its use during the 1950’s, 1960’s and 1970’s in a number of different commercial and industrial capacities. The most common products that contained Asbestos during these years include:
- Roofing Shingles
- Floor Tiles
- Ceiling Materials
- Cement Compounds
- Textile Products
- Automotive Parts
During the 1950’s, 1960’s and 1970’s there here were hundreds of occupations affected by Asbestos exposure. Here are the some of the more common occupations where Asbestos was commonly used:
- Auto Mechanic
- Building Inspector
- Construction Worker
- Paper Mill Worker
- Roofer & Tiler
- US Navy (Shipyard Workers)
- A boilermaker in New York received a $3.7 million settlement after developing lung cancer from asbestos exposure. In 2006, Alfred D’Ulisse, a retired police officer and former brake specialist, reached a $25 million settlement with Daimler-Chrysler. The company exposed him and many others to asbestos in brakes.
- In 2011, a circuit court judge in Missouri approved a $10 million settlement to Nancy Lopez. The Jackson County courthouse employee was exposed to asbestos during a renovation project done by U.S. Engineering Company. A few years after she died of mesothelioma, two former co-workers filed a class-action lawsuit against Jackson County and the engineering company. The case resulted in an $80 million settlement.
- The mass asbestos exposure from the vermiculite mines in Libby resulted in two major payouts. In 2011, a district court judge approved a $43 million settlement covering more than 1,300 miners and their families. A second class-action lawsuit awarded a
$25 million settlement to more than 1,000 people in January 2017. Future settlements are likely as victims continue to surface.
Mesothelioma cancer is a type of lung cancer that establishes in the lining around the lungs, called the pleura, and can likewise establish in the lining of the abdominal area and heart. Mesothelioma cancer lung cancer is often triggered by direct exposure to asbestos. Since mesothelioma cancer can use up to thirty years to establish, many individuals who are infected by the illness do not find the health problem until it is far too late for treatment.
Many people with mesothelioma cancer lung cancer and other asbestos illness are exposed to the chemical through their tasks. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) asserts that there is no recognized level of safe direct exposure to asbestos, and the following groups are believed have the greatest direct exposure and the best danger of establishing mesothelioma cancer:
- Employees at a shipyard
- Plumbing professionals
- Electrical contractors
- Telephone repair work employees
- Upkeep workers
- Insulation installers
- Employees at an asbestos mine and mill
- Manufacturers of asbestos items
- Employees in the heating and building and construction markets
- Trades individuals
- Pals and household of the above listed employees and
- Individuals who live or work near a center that utilizes asbestos.
Signs of mesothelioma lung cancer consist of shortness of breath, problem swallowing, swelling of the neck or face, and discomfort in the chest due to a build-up of fluid in the pleura.
Treatment for mesothelioma lung cancer depends upon the phase of the illness and the client’s age and basic health. Basic treatment choices consist of surgical treatment, radiation treatment, and chemotherapy. In some cases, these treatments are integrated:
A medical professional might surgically eliminate part of the lining of the chest or abdominal area and a few of the tissue surrounding it. A lung might likewise be eliminated in an operation called a pneumonectomy, and often the muscle listed below the lungs that assists with breathing is gotten rid of.
Likewise called radiotherapy, radiation treatment includes making use of high-energy rays to eliminate cancer cells and diminish growths. The radiation might originate from a device (external radiation) or from putting products that produce radiation through thin plastic tubes into the location where the cancer cells are discovered (internal radiation treatment).
Chemotherapy is making use of anticancer drugs to eliminate cancer cells throughout the body. A lot of substances to deal with mesothelioma cancer are offered by injection into a vein (intravenous, or IV).
If you or an loved one has actually established mesothelioma lung cancer, you are not alone. Experienced mesothelioma cancer lawyers in your area are all set and readily available to help you with your mesothelioma cancer suit claim.